Wahls Peaches is family owned and operated
Wahls Peaches is located in
beautiful Texas Hill Country
Our address is:
15369 E Highway 290
Our peaches and produce are organically grown. No pesticides or chemical fertilizers used.
Stop by and check out our naturally sweet peaches, jams and peach preserves.
We have been operated by the same family for more than 10 years. Each tree, is cared for personally, producing a high quality product.
Peaches can be purchased by the piece or by the pound (Pick Your Own closed for now).
In addition we sell peach jams, pies and preserves.
For more information, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram @ wahls_peaches
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Pick your own closed for now- trees all picked.
Come select from our selection of peaches
picked for you.
Double Layer Peach Cobbler
- 1 stick (8 table
- spoons) unsalted butter
- 2 ready-made pie crusts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus for dusting the work surface
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Four 29-ounce cans sliced peaches, drained
- Kosher salt
- 1 orange
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Your favorite ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with 1/2 stick of the butter.
- Roll out the pie crusts on a lightly floured work surface until large enough to cover the baking pan; set aside.
- Melt the remaining 1/2 stick butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the agave, cinnamon, nutmeg, peaches and 2 pinches salt; mix well. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool until warm.
- Pour half of the peach mixture into the prepared pan and spread in an even layer to cover the bottom. Grate the zest of half the orange onto the peaches. Cover the peaches with one of the pie crusts and bake until light brown, 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and pour the remaining peach mixture over the crust. Grate the zest from the remaining half of the orange on top of the peaches. Top with the second pie crust, then brush with egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon. Poke a couple of holes in the crust to allow steam to escape (this helps the crust hold its shape and cook evenly). Bake until golden brown and the peach juices start to bubble, 40 minutes.
Rustic Peach Pie
- 1/2 Perfect Pie Dough (1 disk),
- 3 cups peeled, pitted, and sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons sugar (recommended: turbinado)
- Vanilla bean ice cream or fresh whipped cream, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Stir together the peaches, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice in a large bowl until combined.
- On a well-floured surface, using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out the pie dough into a large circle, about 12 to 14 inches in diameter. Move the dough circle to the prepared baking sheet. Chill the rolled-out dough in the refrigerator until firm, about 15 minutes. Spoon the fruit mixture onto the center of the dough leaving a 1-inch border. Fold the edges of the dough over the fruit, pleating the dough, then dot the fruit filling with the butter pieces. Lightly brush the dough with the beaten egg, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pie until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes. Cover if the crust browns too quickly. Allow the pie to cool slightly. Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream or alongside fresh whipped cream.
Grilled Peaches With Cloves
- 6 peaches
- 12 cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 4 ounces powdered sugar, plus 4 ounces, for dusting
- Cut peaches in half and remove seed. Place clove in the center of each peach and sprinkle with mint and cinnamon.
- Melt butter and mix with honey, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Brush each peach with butter mixture.
- Place peaches skin side down on grill and grill to heat through about 4 minutes.
- Whip cream and 4 ounces powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form. Place 2 halves of peach on plate and garnish with 1 tablespoon of whipped cream. Garnish plates with remaining 4 ounces of powder.
Grilled Peaches and Pork Chops
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 fresh peaches
- 4 pork chops
- 1 cup Peach Jam
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Heat cooking oil in frying pan over medium high heat
- Salt and pepper pork chops to taste and place in hot oil in pan
- Cook pork chops on both sides until only slightly pink in the center
- Remove pork chops from pan
- Remove pits from peaches, slice into large slices and place in pan and oil used to cook pork chops
- Cook peaches until color begins to form on outside- do not overcook
- Place Pork Chops back in pan with peaches
- Add peach jam to finish sauce
- Serve with potatoes, vegetables or rice
Phone: (830) 992-9498